Workforce Marketing Coordinator
Company Name: Pocahontas County Economic Development Commission
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Name: Tom Grau, Executive Director
Contact Number: 712-335-3935
Position: Workforce Marketing Coordinator
Number of Positions: 1
Overview: Pocahontas County Economic Development Commission, in partnership with Iowa Central Community College, is seeking applicants for a full-time Workforce Marketing Coordinator. This position will utilize various marketing channels and communicate with local schools, employers, and residents to promote career and training opportunities with area businesses. Pocahontas County is an EOE.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build broad-based awareness among the local community (businesses, job seekers, educational institutions) of services and programs available through Pocahontas County Economic Development Commission (PCEDC), Iowa Central Community College (ICCC), and the State of Iowa
- Design and maintain strategic marketing elements including printed promotional materials and digital marketing that tie together the business community, schools, and the general population to promote Pocahontas County and its communities as a place to live, work, and visit
- Manage social media accounts and other digital marketing
- Develop and build upon relationships with area high schools, businesses and ICCC’s Director of Economic Development to assess work-based learning opportunities and identify key contacts
- Serve as a liaison between high schools and businesses to assist with student job shadows, student internships, worksite tours, interactive speakers, teacher professional development, and concurrent enrollment collaboration
- Initiate high school and/or college internship program with county employers
- Coordinate with local employers to market available job opportunities
- Promote education and training opportunities of the regional training center to area schools and businesses through strategic marketing and communications plans
- Coordinate with local and state organizations to promote available workforce services and/or resources to businesses and residents
- Represent PCEDC, ICCC, and major employers at high schools, classes, and/or college fairs
- Assist with marketing community life events, classes, workshops, and other opportunity offered by Iowa Central
- Assist with event planning and participation in education and workforce-related community and business events, meetings, etc. (e.g. Manufacturing Day, company job fairs)
- Develop programming and coordinate details for PCEDC’s annual adult (business) and youth leadership programs
- Attend professional events and represent Pocahontas County, PCEDC, and Iowa Central on local/regional boards and associations to further economic development activities in Pocahontas County
- Occasional attendance at early morning or evening meetings
- Some travel may be required
- Other tasks as directed
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred Experience: Experience in the fields of marketing, communications, business, human resources, recruiting, economic development, or workforce development preferred
- Graphic Design, Marketing, Social Media, Media Relations, Technology
- English, grammar, spelling, and typing
- Workforce development, labor market, and HR trends/topics
- Employment and training programs
- Current office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Preparing files for printing through third party vendors
- Initiating and communicating persuasively with external organizations
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
- Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services of office to which assigned
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Work independently and collaborate with multiple entities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with cities, educational institutions, businesses, Iowa Workforce Development and others
- Develop targeted communication strategies and channels to reach different audiences and constituents
- Convey excellent oral and written communication
- Work effectively under stress
- Maintain confidentiality
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Compensation commensurate with relevant experience and education
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Priority deadline: 4pm on Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Interviews will begin on or around August 12, 2019
Position considered open until filled.
Pocahontas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization: