Company Name: Jack Link’s
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Number: 712-841-4548
Position: Production Team Lead Mon-Fri 6:30am-3:00pm
Number of Positions: 1
The role of the Production Worker is to perform necessary functions in order to efficiently, safely, and correctly prepare and process raw materials to prepare it for cooking or cut and package finished product in preparation for shipment to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Follow daily production schedule and achieve specified goals.
- Ensure product conforms to specifications.
- Prevent and minimize rework and/or inedible.
- May require working on taping machines, shrink wrap machines, pallet jacks, trash, and recycling compactors
- Perform standard operating procedures of production and inspection functions as directed.
- Successfully complete all necessary technical training and skills verification as directed.
- Successfully complete all necessary soft skills training as directed.
- Return from breaks in a timely manner; notify lead/foreman/supervisor before leaving the department.
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork as directed.
- Attend all department and company scheduled meetings.
- Works scheduled shift as assigned.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
- Perform all required duties within OSHA and company safety standards.
- Follows set company and OSHA safety rules, regulations, and guidelines at all times.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company prerequisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper disposition.
- Keep record of products used to follow FIFO (first in-first out)
- Add ingredients to batch and verify against formulations in Blending system.
- Move meat into machine(s) and/or combos and/or v-mags using appropriate tools and techniques
- Load meat racks, push meat trucks from one area to another, visually monitoring meat for quality.
- Maintain accurate records, washing and sanitizing carts, racks, and trucks.
READY TO EAT FOOD
- Count and place packages in appropriate caddies, maintaining accurate records, washing and sanitizing carts, racks, and trucks.
- Handling finished product, placing it continuously in trays or assembly lines to be shipped to our customers.
- Making pallets by stacking boxes onto pallets, preparing the pallet with cardboard wrapping, manually shrink wrapping, and pulling/pushing pallets with manual pallet jack.
Required Education and Experience
- No required education
- No required experience
- Knowledge of warehouse and assembly line experience is a plus.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions.
- Must adhere to all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Must be able to accept direction from Department Leads and supervisors.
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attendance and dependability.
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Work well with others
- Great communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Jack Link’s is an equal opportunity employer.