Company Name: Jack Link’s
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Number: 712-841-4548
Position: Production Operator Fri, Sat, Sun 12 hour shifts
Number of Positions: 1
The basic function of the Machine Operator is to perform all operational functions on the machines to achieve production goals on a daily and annual basis. Incumbent performs necessary functions in order to efficiently, safely, and correctly process materials in preparation for cooking or for packaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage start-up to make sure equipment is in proper operating condition
- Set-up operate, and perform change-over procedures of machine in accordance with operating standard protocols and machine settings.
- Change rolls (of film, zipper, scavengers, stickers, etc.) in a timely manner to minimize down time and lost material.
- Partner with Maintenance to minimize downtime. Communicate effectively with Maintenance personnel to prevent and address any machine malfunctions. Help complete basic troubleshooting or repair. Complete basic preventative maintenance.
- Continually strive to maximize productivity and efficiency while decreasing waste and work at full capacity.
- Ability to assemble and de-assemble machine.
- Perform necessary checks at start of shift and at each new product; document on paperwork, code date, correct label, upper/lower film, etc.
- Follow daily production schedule and achieve specified goals.
- Ensure quality protocols & SOPs are followed and openly communicate with FSQ in order to fix defects to ensure quality standards are consistently met.
- Ensure product conforms to specifications (i.e. weights & lengths) by performing periodic checks on output.
- Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper disposition.
- Prevent and minimize rework and/or inedible.
- Record daily production paperwork, process monitors, and daily run logs sheets completely and accurately.
- Monitor workflow to maximize machine output efficiencies.
- Keep hard supplies for batch run, such as combos and v-mags stocked in the area.
- Accurately document all ingredients used and maintain a stock of necessary materials.
- Ensure team members working on the line are efficient and completing work safety and with quality in mind.
- Clearly communicate work assignments, directives, and expected outcomes with line personnel.
- Ensure all associates on your line understand and follow all policies and standard operating procedures.
- Empower personnel to strive to improve and do their best; ensuring pride in their team and ownership of their line.
- Train and continually develop the skills of the personnel in your area.
- Encourage a team spirit where all associates have pride in their line, and therefore continually attempt to break records and set new production standards.
- Routinely communicate with your Supervisor in order to gain directives, discuss decisions and action plans, and share information.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork as directed.
- Successfully complete all necessary technical training and skills verification as directed.
- Successfully complete all necessary soft skills training as directed.
- Perform all required sanitation functions within acceptable standards.
- Attend all department and company scheduled meetings.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE, and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly
Required Education and Experience:
- Less than high school education or up to 2-12 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem Solving – ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Multi-tasking – ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative – ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Accuracy – superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Detail oriented – ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Relationships – establishes and maintains professional relationships with vendors, customers, and employees at all levels based on credibility, integrity and trust.
- Accountability – ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Honesty/Integrity – ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Organized – possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Time Management – ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Reliability – trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Verbal/Written Communication Skills – excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and/or maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Jack Link’s is an equal opportunity employer.