Company Name: Iowa Select Farms
Location: Pocahontas, IA
Contact Number: 641-316-3238
Position: Maintenance Technician
Number of Positions: 1
Responsible for reviewing maintenance work orders, scheduling site visits and completing maintenance and repairs of swine facilities and equipment for Iowa Select Farms production sites.
- Vehicle, phone, and tools that you will use on the job are provided.
- Monday-Friday daytime schedule
- On-call rotation for weekend emergency maintenance needs
- Full benefits after 60 days of employment. Our comprehensive package covers individuals and families on health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long-term disability, and vacation
- Paid days off at Adventureland and Iowa State Fair
- Recognized as a Top Iowa Workplace for the 2nd year in a row
- Work closely with site managers and/or production supervisors to ensure all facilities operate at the highest level of efficiency
- Review open work order reports daily to schedule maintenance activities ensuring repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Advise site managers and/or production supervisors when items can be repaired rather than replaced.
- Utilize the Iowa Select Farms Tools work order system to effectively track all repairs and labor hours associated with each repair.
- Manage parts inventory as necessary to complete necessary repairs.
- Adhere to ISF bio-security, well-being and safety policies at all times and report to management team any violation.
Required Education and Experience
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Knowledge in general construction methods to include welding, plumbing, electrical carpentry
- Self starter, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Physical requirements; ability to life up to 40 pounds and climb gates up to 48 inches in height as well as pushing, pulling, bending, and kneeling.
- Teamwork and effective communication skills
- 1 year as a maintenance technician