POCAHONTAS COUNTY HOME CARE AIDE AGENCY
No announcements at this time.
About the Department
The Pocahontas County Home Care Aide Agency is a non-profit public agency designed to place trained, supervised HCAs in the homes of families and adults for a temporary or extended period of time because of illness, disability, or crisis. The services provided are supervised and arranged to meet each individual and family situation.
The agency also uses professional social work staff to provide care coordination for the elderly, as well as, Family Foundations, the home visitation program for pregnant mothers and/or families with children. Family Foundations earned the Iowa Family Support Credential in July 2011.
HCA Service Benefits
- To enable the ill, elderly, or disabled to remain at home
- To provide services to persons discharged from the hospital or nursing home
- To provide protective service to children and families, persons with disabilities, and the elderly in conjunction with human service agencies and the court system
- To teach parenting skills, household and family management, and consumer education
- Personal care: bathing, feeding, dressing, hair care, ambulation and exercise
- Meal preparation/special diets
- Money management and budgeting
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Home management
- Essential shopping/errands
- Emotional support
- Family Foundations: parenting education, child health development/school readiness, mentoring, communication, and family support
- Information and Referral
Pocahontas County HCA is funded by Elderly and Health Disability Waivers, Iowa State Department of Health, Elderbridge Agency on Aging, Veterans Affairs, Linking Families & Communities Empowerment Area, Private Insurance, and/or County Funding. Donations are also accepted. Individuals using the services are charged according to a sliding fee scale. Individuals may pay full fee for the service.
Referral or requests for service may be made by physicians, nurses, social and health agencies, families, individuals, and friends.