POCAHONTAS COUNTY CONSERVATION
- In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 our office/Nature Center will remain closed until further notice. Please call 712-335-4395 as we will be working normal hours. Please click here for more information on campground and parks closures. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Campgrounds will open mid-April, weather pending. Actual date will be posted as soon as possible.
- Free Mulch! Please call for details-you haul.
- 2020 Tree and shrub sale ~ Call or email us to place an order for the 2020 tree season. Trees will arrive week of April 20th. We will notify you and arrange pickup. Tree sale will end May 22, 2020 - order soon!
- Check out program photos at Current Events!
- The Conservation Corner weekly articles are now archived online under the Conservation Corner Archives.
A reminder that spring is here and we can all get outside and enjoy the nice weather! Here is a few photos from Madeline Nelson.
See you soon!
James Conway, Ranger Naturalist
About Pocahontas County Conservation
Pocahontas County Conversation’s primary goal is to provide a balanced conservation, recreation, and education program to the citizens of Pocahontas County. We are public servants and are entrusted with the mission of “conserving our natural heritage for those who follow.”
The Board consists of a five member volunteer decision and policy-making body appointed by the County Board of Supervisors. Board meetings are open to the public and usually take place on the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm at the PCCB Conservation Education Center (main office).
- Dean Zuetlau – Pocahontas
- Ray Wolf – Varina
- Roger Eichelberger – Palmer
- Kerri Boker - Rolfe
- Randy Gustafson – Laurens