POCAHONTAS COUNTY CONSERVATION
- In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 our office/Nature Center will remain closed until further notice. Please call 712-335-4395 as we will be working normal hours. Thank you for your cooperation!
- CAMPGROUNDS, RESTROOMS, SHOWERS, SHELTER HOUSES & PLAYGROUNDS are open. Just to clarify, you can still go to our parks and wildlife areas. Feel free to hunt, hike, and fish (At an appropriate distance of 6ft apart from other people.
- Free Mulch! Please call to schedule an appointment for loading - you haul.
- 2020 Tree and shrub sale has closed ~ We greatly appreciate your business this year! We will update our 2021 tree order before Thanksgiving. Feel free to place an order anytime.
- Check out program photos at Current Events!
- Check out our YouTube Channel at PCCB Ranger and check out our Facebook Page!
- The Conservation Corner weekly articles are now archived online under the Conservation Corner Archives.
I want to say thank you to everyone who participated in our virtual fishing derby! I would also like to thank the businesses who donated items to help make this derby happen! Bobber Down in Ruthven, Stan's Bait and Tackle in Milford, Pocahontas Pheasants Forever chapter , KC Nielsen John Deere, and True Value Farm and Home of Pocahontas
Thanks to these generous donations EVERYONE that entered the competition will be going home with something! So congrats everyone!
Also, check out our YouTube Channel @PCCB Ranger for fun and informational videos!
James Conway, Ranger Naturalist
About Pocahontas County Conservation
Pocahontas County Conversation’s primary goal is to provide a balanced conservation, recreation, and education program to the citizens of Pocahontas County. We are public servants and are entrusted with the mission of “conserving our natural heritage for those who follow.”
The Board consists of a five member volunteer decision and policy-making body appointed by the County Board of Supervisors. Board meetings are open to the public and usually take place on the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm at the PCCB Conservation Education Center (main office).
- Dean Zuetlau – Pocahontas
- Ray Wolf – Varina
- Roger Eichelberger – Palmer
- Kerri Boker - Rolfe
- Randy Gustafson – Laurens