The Pocahontas County Home Care Aide Agency is a non-profit public agency designed to place trained, supervised HCAs in the homes of families and adults for a temporary or extended period of time because of illness, disability, or crisis. The services provided are supervised and arranged to meet each individual and family situation.
The agency also uses professional social work staff to provide care coordination for the elderly, as well as Family Foundations, the home visitation program for families and children.
HCA Service Benefits:
- To enable the ill, elderly, or disabled to remain at home
- To provide services to persons discharged from the hospital or nursing home
- To enable children to remain at home while the caring adult is incapacitated
- To provide protective service to children, handicapped, and the elderly in conjunction with human service agencies and the court system
- To teach young, inexperienced, or disabled adults parenting skills, household and family management, and consumer education
HCA Service Provides:
- Personal care: bathing, feeding, dressing, hair and nail care, ambulation and exercise
- Meal preparation / special diets
- Money management and budgeting
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Home management
- Essential shopping / errands
- Emotional support
- Family Foundations: parenting education, child health development / school readiness, mentoring, communication, and family support
- MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Elderly and Ill & Handicap Waivers, Iowa State Department of Health, Elderbridge Agency on Aging, Veterans Affairs, Linking Families & Communities Empowerment Area, Private Insurance, or County Funding. Individuals using the services are charged according to a sliding fee scale. Individuals may pay full fee for the service. Donations are also accepted.
HCAs are paid through the agency. There will be no payment for service between family and the assigned aide.
Referral or requests for service may be made by physicians, nurses, social and health agencies, families, individuals, and friends.