POCAHONTAS COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Click below to view form/document.
No announcements at this time.
About the Department
The purpose of the Health Department shall be to prevent disease, promote rehabilitation, and provide health education.
Department Duties & Services
- Child, Adolescent and Adult Immunizations
- Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program
- Communicable disease teaching and follow up
- Community education on health related topics and prevention
- Emergency preparedness planning & prevention
- Response to disasters & assist in recovery
- Disease prevention, surveillance & follow-up
- Senior Health - visit Home Care Aide Agency for more information
- Disease surveillance & follow-up
- Tobacco Prevention
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Education
Pocahontas County Board of Health
The Pocahontas County Board of Health supports local public health vision, mission, and advocacy and encourage community involvement in setting public health priorities.
Current Board Members:
- Margene Bunda (term expires Dec. 2018)
- Connie Harmon (term expires Dec. 2018)
- Joe Kramer (term expires Dec. 2019)
- JoAnn Peters (term expires Dec. 2020)
- Dr. Ted George (term expires Dec. 2020)
Duties of the Board of Health
- Appoint a qualified Administrator; administrative and supervisory functions shall not be delegated to another Agency or organization.
- Adopt and periodically review the Agency’s policies governing operations of the Health Department.
- Oversee the management and fiscal affairs of the Agency. This shall include participation in preparing the annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan with final approval granted.
- Meet regularly as needed to conduct business, and when called by Chairperson they will conduct meetings in accordance with State of Iowa open meeting law.
- Establish a fee schedule for the service by the Health Department according to the cost of provision of said service. A sliding fee scale will be adopted considering income and family size.