Company Name: Jack Link’s
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Number: 712-841-4548
Position: Production Team Lead Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hour shifts
Number of Positions: 1
Lead a team of Production Workers within a production area (Formulation, Stuffing, or Packaging). Produce product, completing tasks, or receiving and shipping product. Keeps crew on task to meet production demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage start-up to ensure proper materials are available throughout the shift.
- Perform necessary checks at start of shift and at each new product; document on paperwork, code date, correct label, etc.
- Follow daily production schedule and achieve specified goals.
- Prevent and minimize rework and/or inedible products.
- Works closely with supervisor to plan and schedule work for team.
- Update foreman/supervisor on a regular basis about progress on the daily production schedule.
- Monitor workflow and adjust personnel and resources to maximize production efficiencies.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed, although not directly assigned.
- Completes reports and reviews for management. Handles and deals with customer, carrier, and employee issues.
- Complete all daily production paperwork completely and monitor others for accuracy.
- Perform inventories and reporting in a timely manner.
- Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper disposition and FIFO rotation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the foreman/supervisor.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Monitor work environment for general food safety hazards and ensure all workers are following company safety policies
- Keep foreman/supervisor informed daily of problems incurred during the shift.
- Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
- Maintains great communication with all departments.
- Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP training, along with company SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Assists in training all new personnel hired into the department.
- Address employee concerns and coach employees on proper behaviors and performance.
- Contribute to the employee performance appraisal process by providing behavior and performance feedback to the foreman/supervisor.
- Directly supervises the performance and efficiency of all team members, relaying necessary personnel information to the department supervisor.
- Ensure team members are properly attired and ready to start production promptly at start time, and after authorized breaks.
Required Education and Experience
- No required education
- 6 months of relevant lead or manufacturing experience
- High school diploma or GED and experience in food industry
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Computer knowledge: Outlook, Excel, SAP
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deals proactively with work-related problems
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to recognize and deal with priorities on the plant floor.
- Must have ability to understand production quotas and labor efficiency.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with different levels of management and employee groups.
- Must demonstrate leadership, problem solving, and employee motivational skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Jack Link’s is an equal opportunity employer.