Company Name: Jack Link’s
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Number: 712-841-4548
Position: Production Supervisor Mon-Fri
Number of Positions: 1
Supervises a team of production workers and their daily activities to ensure the needs of all functions within the area are met (production, training, safety, security, and housekeeping). Provides leadership/direction to the team and ensures that all the procedures for food safety and manufacturing high quality products are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensure proper staffing is maintained, including interviewing and hiring new team members.
- Implement and monitor training for new hires & ongoing training of current team members.
- Maintain attendance records, counsel team members with poor attendance, and follow up with coaching/discipline as appropriate.
- Evaluate team member work performance, conduct appropriate reviews for team members, address complaints and resolve conflicts, reward or discipline accordingly. Provide input for termination decisions.
- Review, correct, and approve timekeeping tool to ensure team members are paid correctly teach pay-period.
- Enforce all safety rules and company policies; provide appropriate interpretation of company policies and safety policies for team members.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to management; complete accident investigations and report within 24 hours of incident.
- Verify work and storage areas are maintained, safe, clean, and organized.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and maintain safety equipment.
- Complete and review all Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Standard Sanitation Operation Procedures (SSOP) requirements and paperwork. This includes but not limited to Pre-Operational Inspection, Operational Inspections, Pre-Shipment Review, and Correction Actions.
- Ensure quality protocols are followed and openly communicated with QC and the Plant Manager in order to fix defects and ensure quality standards are consistently met.
- Maintains quality product by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Recommend methods to improve manufacturing processes including equipment performance to ensure product quality and increase efficiencies.
- Supports successful implementation of SQF (Safe Quality Foods) within the facility.
- Drive and support Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts.
- Understand the concepts of FIFO (First-In-First-Out) on perishable products and ensure successful implementation of FIFO throughout packaging operations within the facility.
- Ensure all required sanitation functions are within acceptable standards.
- Monitor and track inedible, rework and down time generated by machine.
- Perform production paperwork, receiving, and inventory control procedures with complete accuracy.
- Identifies, through a proactive approach, potential cost-saving and efficiency gain opportunities to improve overall operations.
- Discuss work goals vs actual output with team members to motivate and engage team members to assure targets are met.
- Identify, control and follow up on losses incurred due to substandard supplied i.e. time and materials.
- Manage inventory and cost control.
- Implement and monitor weekly requisitions for daily supplies and manufacturing supplies.
- Conduct accurate weekly, period end, and year-end departmental inventories.
- Compile, store, and retrieve production data.
- Provides direction to team members to ensure quality products and adherence to productivity goals and cost standards.
- Demonstrate professionalism; encourage and insist on positive attitudes and behaviors from team members such as dependability and trustworthiness in team members.
- Create and cultivate positive work relationships at all levels of the plant/organization.
- Build and support a culture of openness and accountability within (and outside) the assigned department.
- Communicate with peers, subordinates, and leaders in an effective, timely manner.
- Keep assistant plant manager & other leaders informed daily of problems incurred during shift.
- Confer with appropriate personnel to coordinate activities between departments.
- Coordinate all functions related to the operations of all processing procedures and specifications.
- Monitor product coding related to the lot traceability program and ensure its accuracy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Required Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing and 1-3 years lead experience
- Preferred: 2 years of supervisory experience, leadership in food manufacturing industry
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Able to supervise, instruct, and direct team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems
- Able to organize and prioritize in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with people both inside and outside the organization
- Knowledge of plant/distribution center models and production/logistics processes
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess math and mechanical aptitude
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Must demonstrated effective leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills.
- Proficient in internet navigation, microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, and outlook.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Jack Link’s is an equal opportunity employer.