Company Name: Pengo Attachments
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Number: 800-599-0211
Position: Plant Controller
Number of Positions: 1
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive analysis of the monthly financial statements for the company including analysis of key performance indicators and trends, comparison of actual results to budget and forecast. Provide recommendations and actions from the analysis.
- Manager, assist or perform all activities related to company accounting such as: invoicing, payroll, collection of accounts receivables, management and payment of suppliers, establishment monitoring and management of credit, reconciliation and valuation of inventories, management and preparation of annual budgets.
- Responsible for the development of the monthly rolling forecast, annual Operating Plan and long-term financial Strategic Plan. Continuously improve forecast accuracy and predictability by identifying and aligning key drivers of the business.
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve cost accounting systems to provide accurate product costing. Analyze product cost standards and fixed vs. variable cost components, as they relate to margin and profit levels. Recommend and implement changes. Oversee the physical inventory process.
- Assist with special projects such as the preparation of the financial aspects of capital expenditures and other investments. This includes preparing a business case that would assess the risks and rewards for key opportunities.
- Produce monthly financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and other reports as required.
- Establish, implement, and monitor internal controls, which include approvals and authorizations and review of all financial processes and financial systems in conjunction with the General Manager. This includes entering and documenting compliance with the company policy.
- Prepare appropriate work-papers in support of the year end audit requirements.
- Provide financial leadership to all of the company staff. This includes duties as required such as: providing general financial guidance to department managers and others, managing and control of expense budgets, and managing the performance of accounting personnel.
- Other projects and responsibilities as might be assigned by the General Manager
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a financial discipline from a four-year college/university. A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience as Plant Controller manufacturing operation. Significant lead role experience in development, refinement and maintenance of product costing and cost accounting processes in job and/or repetitive. costing environments and development of profitability analysis.
- Ability to work independently and to know when to ask for help in resolving specific financial issues. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts in order to perform tasks listed in Principal Duties and Responsibilities above.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, cash flow forecasting techniques, financial statement analysis including key trends analysis, project costing techniques, financial controls and business case analysis.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train others in performing key financial activities and supervise their work.
- Team working ability to enable effective financial communications and interaction with and motivation of other team members including peers.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including strong ability to manage and perform multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Ability to make recommendations on key financial decisions.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) Certification is highly desirable.
If interested, please visit www.pengoattachments.com/careers to complete an application. For additional information, stop in their office Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm, 500 E Hwy. 10, Laurens, IA 50554.