Company Name: Schoon Excavating & Farm Drainage
Location: Pocahontas, IA
Position: Heavy Equipment Operator/ Laborer
Number of Positions: 3
Operating heavy equipment such as back-hoes and bulldozers to lift, move or place equipment or materials. Other duties include, Inspecting, cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment. As a Heavy equipment operator, you will use four main types of equipment: back-hoes, bulldozers, front-end loaders and graders. The work week for heavy equipment operators/Laborer is 40+ plus hours with overtime pay. Employee will be working in all kinds of weather conditions.
- As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will work outdoors on construction sites and in fields. You will work closely with other equipment operators and with ground crew.
- Capable of operating multiple pieces of construction equipment used in underground construction, base preparation and construction, and paving.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill the equipment as necessary.
- Maneuver heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that the vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Use various pieces of equipment to perform fine grading and finishing, sloping and banking, back-filling, demolition, ditching, loading, excavating and stockpiling.
- Education, Training and Certifications High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- CDL Driver’s License
- Work Experience: Minimum 1-2 years minimum working/operating with heavy equipment
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation.
- Knowledge farm tiling, sewer and septic systems, along with building platforms.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
You can also go onto our website and fill out an application. www.schoonexcavating.com