Company Name: Pocahontas County
Location: Pocahontas, IA
Contact Name: Gretchen Tiedeman
Contact Number: 712-335-4636
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Marketing Intern
Number of Positions: 1
Please email a cover letter, resume, and design examples (if available) to email@example.com by Monday, April 1st, 2019.
Contact: Gretchen Tiedeman
Address: 11 W Elm Ave, PO Box 212
Pocahontas, IA 50574
PCEDC is seeking an energetic, motivated, and creative self-starter to serve as our Marketing Intern. The intern will be an integral part of PCEDC marketing team for the summer of 2019, working directly with the Marketing Coordinator and Executive Director to develop/manage all aspects of marketing activities including assisting in the execution of projects and ensuring deadlines are met. Multiple project opportunities are available and will be assigned depending on the candidate’s background and interest. Potential opportunities include communications, graphic design, digital and email marketing, event management, social media, website management, and community outreach/economic development. This internship will grant several hands-on opportunities to create items for a marketing portfolio and gain valuable experience for a resume. This is a paid internship.
- Design and development of collateral materials – videos, brochures, flyers, ads
- Develop and manage content on social media platforms and websites
- Assist with maintenance and updates of county websites
- Track social media and website analytics
- Draft basic public relations materials including news releases, letters, and emails
- Assist with planning and execution of events including marketing, reserving event space, food and beverage arrangements, preparation and distribution of invitations, volunteer coordination, setup and teardown
- Assist with the development and implementation of advertising campaigns to raise awareness of the county and organization and strengthen the PCEDC brand
- Research new marketing and promotional initiatives
The Marketing Intern position is a 25-35 hour/week commitment running May 20-August 16. Some nights and weekends are required. Some travel required.
Preferred Traits & Qualifications
- Student pursuing a degree in marketing/communications/public relations or community/economic development
- Past experience in marketing related jobs or relevant college courses
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail
- Strong creativity and brainstorming abilities
- Ready to collaborate, take initiative, and voice opinion
- Must be organized and able to multitask, set goals, and prioritize
- Capable of working independently
- Familiar with social networking platforms
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Leadership, club, and/or organizational involvement
Pocahontas County Economic Development Commission (PCEDC) is a county-wide economic development organization representing Pocahontas County, Iowa and its nine communities: Fonda, Gilmore City, Havelock, Laurens, Palmer, Plover, Pocahontas, Rolfe, and Varina. PCEDC leads initiatives to increase economic opportunity, assist with business creation and expansion, promote community betterment, and improve quality of life in Pocahontas County. We have a small team that is passionate about our county, and we work closely with all nine communities to carry out activities related to business development, entrepreneurial support, housing development, workforce training and recruitment, community beautification, and tourism promotion.
Pocahontas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.