Company Name: Jack Link’s
Location: Laurens, IA
Contact Number: 712-841-4548
Position: Maintenance Technician Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hour shifts
Number of Positions: 1
The maintenance technician’s duty is to keep the plant and equipment running in a safe and efficient manner. Maintain and repair building and equipment. Carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage start-up to make sure equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Demand maintenance as assigned: skill in diagnosing equipment defects and making necessary repairs.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot machinery, ovens, mechanical lift trucks, and facilities problems as needed for production issues and efficiency.
- Safety operate various machines, including a Band Saw, Break Press, Mill, Lathe, Grinder, etc.
- Inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Maintain all areas of the shop, boiler room, and the interior/exterior of the plant.
- Troubleshoot electrical functions
- Confers with management and suppliers to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Assist with inventory control of tools and parts on hand.
- Work with tools and power equipment as well as material handling.
- Operate mechanical forklift, pallet jack, battery-changer and stock picker.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company prerequisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-5 years experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing.
- Facility maintenance experience preferred.
- Industrial mechanical experience.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electronics.
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical safety practices.
- Prior knowledge of food processing equipment helpful.
- Electrical and electrical troubleshooting of 120/240/480 3ph systems
- Troubleshooting PLC and frequency drives
- Welding (both MIG and TIG)
- Bachelor’s Degree machining or electrical
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and/or maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine breakdown, preventive maintenance and other maintenance related reports and correspondence.
- Intermediate verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of the materials, tools, methods, and techniques used in the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trades
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and with teams
- Project oriented
- Multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and team members.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Jack Link’s is an equal opportunity employer.