Company Name: Pro Cooperative
Location: Pocahontas, IA
Contact Number: 712-335-3060
Position: Crop Production Specialist
Number of Positions: 1
These are the basic duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Look for all opportunities to maximize efficiency in the company’s transportation process. This includes researching the fastest and cost-effective methods to transport commodities.
- Work closely with all departments to serve as central dispatch for transportation, logistics, and manpower.
- Schedule drivers and assign routes to maximize efficiency, productivity and customer service
- Work to take advantage of arbitrage transportation opportunities where possible.
- Work closely with common carrier vendors to coordinate freight movements during peak season.
- Organize and prioritize loads depending on customer needs and resource availability.
- Enter assignment data in computer database and schedule drivers of assigned work.
- Responsible for preparing budgets, as well as making sure that shipping documents are properly prepared.
- Develop and maintain proper communications with internal managers and outside suppliers regarding purchase and transportation arrangements.
- Ensure complete compliance with DOT regulations as well as maintaining records for DOT driver Qualification files.
- Responsible for staying current with various regulations including those related to hazardous shipments, employee safety, and freight classifications.
- Resolve maintenance issues and Document, organize and track equipment maintenance needs and schedule equipment as for repair required.
- Helps administer maintenance policies and procedures at field locations and job sites.
- Recommends the model and specifications of replacement equipment needs
- Monitors and keeps current on manufacturer’s specifications, policies and warranty programs.
- Investigates incidents and inspects equipment to ensure that adequate protection exists for company assets, property, and equipment.
- Ensure that customer problems are researched and corrected.
- Helps develop and implement programs in conjunction with managers to ensure the mechanical reliability of equipment.
- Motivate, train and lead drivers to meet job responsibilities
- Complete training and attend meetings/workshops/seminars/continuing education appropriate to the position, as assigned and approved by direct supervisor.
- Inform direct supervisor of all relevant departmental issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Assist other locations as needed.
- Comply with Pro Cooperative policies, including Pro Cooperative’s safety policies.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or High school diploma or general education degree and recent dispatching and driver supervision experience.
- Working knowledge of tractor trailer trucks and liquid, hopper bottom and pneumatic trailers.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Laws (Iowa & Minnesota) pertaining to trucking and hazardous material distribution.
If interested, please visit pro cooperative.com to complete an application. Pro Cooperative offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package. For additional questions, you may contact us at 712-335-3060.