Click below to follow link.
- Secondary Roads Facebook Page
- Check Road/Travel Conditions
- View Iowa Travel Map
- Order an Iowa Travel Guide & Map
- Iowa County Roads
- View Section Corners Map - View step-by-step directions to view section corners on Beacon.
- View Drainage Tile Map - View step-by-step directions to view drainage tiles on Beacon.
No announcements at this time.
About the Department
- Surveying and planning of all road, drainage, culvert and bridge construction and maintenance
- Certifies that all improvement projects are completed in accordance with approved specifications and meet all safety standards
- Provides reports and proposals to the Board of Supervisors and Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) on the status of infrastructure improvement and maintenance projects
- Approves bills drawn on road funds and reports on the distribution of state and federal funds the Iowa DOT
- Supervises the maintenance of the secondary road system.
Pocahontas County has over 1,000 miles of roadways (about 200 paved) in its secondary road system. Among those are over 300 miles of paved and gravel Farm-to-Market roads, which ensure quick delivery of Pocahontas County crops during harvest as well as serve as quick travel conduits for residents and travelers year round.
Among the many maintenance duties, secondary road personnel brave the elements to remove snow during winter months, remove of debris and obstructions, and ensure signage and road markings are of adequate condition and placement to ensure public safety.
Section Corners & Drainage Tile Maps
You can now view section corner certificates and drainage tiles map on Beacon.