Company Name: Pro Cooperative
Location: Pocahontas, IA
Contact Number: 712-335-3060
Position: Crop Production Specialist
Number of Positions: 1
These are the basic duties and responsiblities of the position and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Make sound recommendations to customers by presenting Agronomy solutions, products, services, and/or concepts in order to maximize returns for the customers.
- Develop and maintain a current list of customers and prospects and rate them based on potential size of operation, credit worthiness, and other pertinent marketing information.
- Prioritize prospects and potential customers to identify the best opportunities for growth.
- Make regular sales calls on current and potential customers and respond to customer’s inquiries and questions in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective business relations with current and potential future customers.
- Document and submit sales call information to direct supervisor using Pro Cooperative’s CRM program.
- Provide a consistent communication channel between Pro Cooperative customers and location personnel in order to set proper service expectation levels, resolve problems and scheduling issues.
- Advise customers on the proper use of products and equipment.
- Collaborate with other departments and/or locations to identify potential benefits to the customer from other company programs.
- Establish and attain sales goals that are compatible with Pro Cooperative annual goals.
- Work with customers, suppliers, and management to resolve product/service complaints fairly and equitably.
- Maintain the image of Pro Cooperative. Inform all company personnel of the importance of portraying a professional image of company facilities, equipment, and personal appearance.
- Maintain sales contracts and bookings.
- Develop account plans that include strategy and tactics for achieving desired customer results.
- Responsible for learning new product specifications and applications.
- Help Location monitor projected sales in order to monitor inventory needs.
- Monitor monthly sales and expense reports as well as manage sales in order to achieve target margins and product mix.
- Work with direct supervisor to establish a budget with particular emphasis on sales volumes & direct selling expenses.
- Offer timely feedback to Pro Cooperative on execution of plans, needs, opportunities, value, and obstacles discovered during the selling process.
- Establish cohesive working relations with other Pro Cooperative employees, its patrons and vendors to establish a positive work environment.
- Complete training and attend meetings/workshops/seminars/continuing education appropriate to the position, as assigned and approved by direct supervisor.
- Inform all direct supervisor of all relevant departmental issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Assist other locations as needed.
- Comply with Pro Cooperative policies, including Pro Cooperative’s safety policies.
- Bachelors degree from 4-year college or university; or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license, CDL and other DOT qualifications for operating a commercial motor vehicle.
- The employee must meet the qualifications set forth in Pro Cooperative’s motor vehicle safety policy.
- Certified Crop Advisor preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to schedule and manage time without close supervision.
If interested, please visit pro cooperative.com to complete an application. Pro Cooperative offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package. For additional questions, you may contact us at 712-335-3060.